Restaurant Furniture Canada - Poor Quality, Poor customer support, misleading sales and marketing..
Note: Not a Canadian company in spite of the mis-leading company name! Production is in Indiana and Sales is based in Chicago.
After several difficult telephone conversations with various staff members of this company it became clear that I was not going to receive satisfactory response, customer support, nor any resolution regarding particularly poorly designed and failing chairs therefore I decided to tell you about this experience so that you can make a decision based real experience of a fellow entrepreneur.. If you are researching quality commercial grade products from a reliable supplier offering reasonable customer support my advice is to shop elsewhere. Almost 30% of the chairs that were shipped to my little coastal Inn catastrophically failed after minimal use. In fact 90% of the chairs showed cracking in the leg structures after I inspected them in detail following the first catastrophic failure which un-expectedly collapsed and dumped my 120 Lb wife onto the floor badly bruising her leg.
The Chairs looked nice and felt solid without showing any obvious damage on delivery (fully assembled). There were no signs of loose hardware and there were no indications from the supplier any requirement to re-torque any hardware upon delivery. The chairs underwent only very light use in a quiet B&B dining room only seasonally. After the first collapse I immediately inspected all of the chairs and was forced to remove 30% of them from service as they were about to collapse. The design of the attaching hardware and possibly the torque setting in initial assembly both seemed to contribute to the failures (all at the same attachment point). I contacted the company immediately and was shuttled from one staff to another with nebulous explanations regarding my claim. They requested an image of the failed chair which I provided then when I told them that they nearly all showed signs of cracking wood and several displayed signs of impending complete failure and that I was forced to remove several from service, they requested images of all of the chairs that were effected which I meticulously provided. At first it sounded like they were going to replace the chair that initially failed (re: "nebulous explanations") however when they received the images of all the failed and failing chairs they said that the torque on the hardware must not be correct but unfortunately the one-year warranty had passed by then so they were not going to approve any claims and that I should contact the company's owner which I did and from him after several emails I received a "snarky": the one-year warranty date has passed so there would be no support. Fair enough, the one year warranty had expired and so there is no recourse except to warn others from making the same mistake by buying these products from this company.
When one purchases commercial grade "restaurant" furniture one would expect that furniture to withstand commercial use and to last a reasonable period of time. These chairs saw only very light use and only for a combined total of 11 Months over two operating seasons and have a failure rate of 90%..... Deal with this company (not Canadian) at your own risk and do not trust sales staff claims of quality or customer support. I would be happy to provide factual details to anyone interested.
More Review Details
|Product or Service Quality|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Style and Design|
|Advertised vs Delivered|
|Value for money|
What I liked
- Styles and price and website
What I disliked
- Quality and customer support and warranty
- Reason of review:
- Damaged or defective
- Preferred solution:
- Let the company propose a solution
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Lauren Beechwood Chair Caf B2142 Erat Dm Vnlbl
- Restaurant Furniture Canada Lauren Beechwood Dining Chair
- Review category
- Furniture and Decor
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "I bought 2 Leather Sofas from Ashley's April of 2010 & purchased a warranty on them too $1,500 is what I paid for them. I had them no..."
- "These people delivered (2) new leather couches 1-1/2 months late in July, 2008. Tore a hole in (1) couch when bringing in to the room. Since then, they have moved..."
- "We paid nearly 4,000.00 for a custom Paula Sofa. It was finally brought to us last week. I had to refuse delivery! A PIECE OF JUNK I would not..."
- "Iready is a website that is "educational" for children. Not true! This website is just an excuse to make money as the website is very glitchy and VERY poorly made!..."
- "MEMPHIS TN SHELBY COUNTY...............Extended Arms Cleaning Contractor's ....Nancy Taylor it's a crime to online harass make FALSE claims call or in anyway directly or in directly try to contact myself..."
- "I Shashikant bhange had bought Skechers shoe go walk 3 on 16/03/2016 from Inc 5 store in Vimannagar pune.I used another spare shoes in rainy months. After that I used..."
- "I opened a tin of Hunt;s Spaghetti sauce this evening and there was a very large, sharp bone in the tin. I have pictures if you need them. It was..."
- "I am more beautiful than these bimbo spoiled celebrities You hav 'nt seen every women in the world I am very beautiful and you act as if these are the only beautiful women..."
- "Ordered these for my daughter from justice. It came to 35.49 and 15.99 shipping. By the time it was converted to Canadian funds it was 72.00...."