Restaurant Furniture Canada - Poor Quality, Poor customer support, misleading sales and marketing..
Note: Not a Canadian company in spite of the mis-leading company name! Production is in Indiana and Sales is based in Chicago.
After several difficult telephone conversations with various staff members of this company it became clear that I was not going to receive satisfactory response, customer support, nor any resolution regarding particularly poorly designed and failing chairs therefore I decided to tell you about this experience so that you can make a decision based real experience of a fellow entrepreneur.. If you are researching quality commercial grade products from a reliable supplier offering reasonable customer support my advice is to shop elsewhere. Almost 30% of the chairs that were shipped to my little coastal Inn catastrophically failed after minimal use. In fact 90% of the chairs showed cracking in the leg structures after I inspected them in detail following the first catastrophic failure which un-expectedly collapsed and dumped my 120 Lb wife onto the floor badly bruising her leg.
The Chairs looked nice and felt solid without showing any obvious damage on delivery (fully assembled). There were no signs of loose hardware and there were no indications from the supplier any requirement to re-torque any hardware upon delivery. The chairs underwent only very light use in a quiet B&B dining room only seasonally. After the first collapse I immediately inspected all of the chairs and was forced to remove 30% of them from service as they were about to collapse. The design of the attaching hardware and possibly the torque setting in initial assembly both seemed to contribute to the failures (all at the same attachment point). I contacted the company immediately and was shuttled from one staff to another with nebulous explanations regarding my claim. They requested an image of the failed chair which I provided then when I told them that they nearly all showed signs of cracking wood and several displayed signs of impending complete failure and that I was forced to remove several from service, they requested images of all of the chairs that were effected which I meticulously provided. At first it sounded like they were going to replace the chair that initially failed (re: "nebulous explanations") however when they received the images of all the failed and failing chairs they said that the torque on the hardware must not be correct but unfortunately the one-year warranty had passed by then so they were not going to approve any claims and that I should contact the company's owner which I did and from him after several emails I received a "snarky": the one-year warranty date has passed so there would be no support. Fair enough, the one year warranty had expired and so there is no recourse except to warn others from making the same mistake by buying these products from this company.
When one purchases commercial grade "restaurant" furniture one would expect that furniture to withstand commercial use and to last a reasonable period of time. These chairs saw only very light use and only for a combined total of 11 Months over two operating seasons and have a failure rate of 90%..... Deal with this company (not Canadian) at your own risk and do not trust sales staff claims of quality or customer support. I would be happy to provide factual details to anyone interested.
More Review Details
|Style and Design|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Advertised vs Delivered|
|Product or Service Quality|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Value for money|
What I liked
- Styles and price and website
What I disliked
- Quality and customer support and warranty
- Reason of review:
- Damaged or defective
- Preferred solution:
- Let the company propose a solution
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Lauren Beechwood Chair Caf B2142 Erat Dm Vnlbl
- Restaurant Furniture Canada Lauren Beechwood Dining Chair
- Review category
- Furniture and Decor
You May Also Like
- "We ordered a bedroom set priced at over $1000 and made the required monthly payments per our contract. A final payment was made and we were told by the manager..."
- "Purchased leather Big Picture package ($1999.99) from Garner White with the leather protection coverage ($99.00). Leather Is crumbling between the cushions, arm rest, and back rest area (see pics). Product..."
- "10-17-14. Went to American Freights, North Memorial Pkwy,Huntsville Al, Store...I picked sofa, loveseat, recliner for my disabled mother. .I took pictures of the furniture I picked and forwarded pics..to my..."
- "Note: Not a Canadian company in spite of the mis-leading company name! Production is in Indiana and Sales is based in Chicago. After several difficult telephone conversations with various staff..."
- "I am more beautiful than these bimbo spoiled celebrities You hav 'nt seen every women in the world I am very beautiful and you act as if these are the only beautiful women..."
- "I opened a tin of Hunt;s Spaghetti sauce this evening and there was a very large, sharp bone in the tin. I have pictures if you need them. It was..."
- "I will never shop at art van ever again. My husband and I purchased a couch which we were told was leather. The sales man also sold us the leather..."
- "Horrible! Horrible! Horrible! This has been one of the worst experiences ever! 3 weeks ago i signed up for the 7 day free trial, immediately charged 99.99. Contacted google, and..."
- "I lost 80 lbs in 2+ months. This Gastric Bypass ALTERNATIVE is amazing.I started at 430 lbs and now 350 lbs simply by following instructions and rules. No tricks.Amazing feeling..."